Friday, January 22, 2010

Pure Joy...Everyday ?!

I was recently faced with something, albeit a minor issue, that I was making into a larger one for myself. As I tried to figure out the best way for me to have a healthy perspective towards it, and then from there how to actually handle it, I realized I should look at my dilemma from two realistic viewpoints. First, God was using the situation to test me, my character, and my integrity. Secondly, Satan wanted to utilize it as an opportunity to get me to do something that would compromise who I am and who Jesus wants me to be.

And then I came upon this from the Bible:

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
- James 1:2-3

What day do I ever go through without one or more trials of various kinds? - I call that life. But now I can look at each of these challenges as opportunities for personal growth in the form of becoming an endurer, a fighter, someone who sticks and stands firm for those things worth doing so. AND I can get over myself and look at this growth process with not just joy, but mega-joy.

Sort of makes facing tough things come easier and with a bit of appreciation. I can dig that.